PLEASE READ FULL ARTICLE ON THE WEBSITE UNDER THE NEWS TAB
Singles & Pairs may be played on adjacent rinks and Triples & Fours may be played on alternate rinks unless we re-measure to have narrower rinks with a half rink space between.
Your club has at this time decided to continue to use the alternate rink rule for Triples & Fours.
The same conditions for social distancing remain in place. PLEASE ENSURE YOU KEEP TO 2m UNLESS FROM THE SAME HOUSEHOLD. THIS RULE HAS BEEN SLIPPING RECENTLY WHICH I’M SURE IS JUST AN UNCONSCIOUS ACT BUT WE MUST OBSERVE IT FOR EVERYONE’S SAFETY
Spectators are allowed
1. A Rota for Play will be sent out by email once a week & posted on the website
2. The Rota is divided into 3 x 2hr daily sessions, morning, afternoon & evening with 2 sessions set aside for Mowing on Monday & Thursday mornings, Monday evening for Ladies, Wednesday afternoon for Mixed, Thursday evenings for the Men and Friday evening for Social Play & get together.
3. A charge of £2/person/session will be made with a cap of £44 being put on the amount any member will pay to ensure no one pays more than the annual membership. A register of players will be kept and a bill issued to each member at the end of the season.
4. Every effort will be made to allocate slots evenly between those wishing to play and their preferred day and time if requested.
5. The first to arrive unlocks the gate and the last to leave locks it. Please ensure you personally have sanitiser when leaving as there is no sanitiser outside the ground. The pavilion may be unlocked at this time or left until someone wishes to go to the toilet. Hand sanitiser is outside on the table under the gazebo and inside the pavilion door. Please WASH YOUR HANDS frequently
- Please ensure that someone sanitises the mats and jacks before play begins
7. Play can be on adjacent rinks for Singles & Pairs and alternate rinks for Triples & Fours.
8. Up to 24 people will be allowed on the green at any time.
9. Visitors/spectators will be admitted into the ground keeping to the 2m rule.
Please bring a face mask & gloves and personal sanitiser if you prefer
To minimise the risk of infection, only essential items (as below) will be utilised during any session:
3. Own Bowls
4. Rink markers
5. Score cards
6. Own measure
7. PUSHERS – the committee is currently reviewing these as they are NOT on the Bowls England accepted list but indiviidual clubs can decide locally
- CHALK SPRAY – Carole has ordered and they can be bought for £3.10
The following playing formats are in accordance with Government guidelines:
1. Singles, Pairs, Triples & Fours now allowed, see summary at the start.
2. Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to; you must remain at least two metres apart from other bowlers (who are not part of your household) at all times. – This rule is slipping so please ensure you remain 2m apart.
The NEW NORM rules
1. Each singles player can have a personal jack which they use when they have won an end if from different households. Otherwise sanitise frequently or place jack with a foot
2. 2 mats will be allocated to one rink, nominate one person to place the mat every time unless from the same household. The winner of an end who is not in charge of the mat can specify where to place it otherwise sanitise your hands frequently
3. Touchers may now be marked with CHALK SPRAY ONLY.
4. Even if there is a live bowl there will be no Ditch Markers allowed. If necessary you may visit the head to see where the bowl has landed
5. Score cards will be put on the chest inside the pavilion. Please bring your own pen
6. Do not move or pick up your opponent’s bowls
7.Do not assume equipment has been sanitised.
8. You are responsible for your own safety
Clubhouse and Facilities
1. There will be limited access to the pavilion for use of toilets and hand washing only
2. Sanitiser is not available in the toilets but affixed to the inside pavilion door as well as by the rinks. Please bring your own if you prefer
3. Note the patio furniture will not be sanitised so using it is your responsibility, the 2m rule must be adhered to – This rule is slipping so please ensure you remain 2m apart.
- You may carry a personal water bottle
- Refreshments are available on the table under the gazebo. It is your personal responsibility if you take any form of refreshment ( food or drink)
6. Entering any shed is NOT allowed except by the person on duty
7. You may not store your bowls at the Club
8. Rubbish bags are available but if they are full please take your waste away with you