COVID-19 Rules for Play – Update 2nd June 2020
No-one who is classed as vulnerable, lives in a household with a vulnerable person or who is self isolating may play at this time.
Pairs and Triples may be played on alternate rinks with people from the same or different households but the 2m social distance rule must be adhered to.
Your club has at this time decided only to allow Pairs.
Spectators are allowed
1. A Rota for Play will be sent out by email once a week, posted on the website and attached to the side gate.
2. The Rota initially will be divided into 3 x 2hr sessions, morning, afternoon & evening which may change if deemed sensible e.g. not enough players to open a session or more play slots needed.
3. A charge of £2/person/session will be made with a cap of £44 being put on the amount any member will pay to ensure no one pays more than the annual membership. A register of players will be kept and a bill issued to each member at the end of the season.
4. Every effort will be made to allocate slots evenly between those wishing to play and their preferred day and time if requested.
5. A volunteer will unlock the ground every day and close at end of play. They will sanitise mats and jack and place on each rink before play starts. They will sanitise the gate lock and catches as they leave. They will also unlock the pavilion to provide access to the toilets, sanitising the door and keypad beforehand. Hand sanitiser has been placed on the chest inside the door. Please WASH YOUR HANDS frequently
6. If at anytime the Rota Timetable is changed there will always be a minimum of 20 mins between slots to enable players to arrive and leave safely.
7. Play will be on alternate rinks.
8. Only 12 people will be allowed on the green and in the ground at any time with the exception that 1 other person may be in attendance, if not taking part in play, to conduct actions as per 4 above. People waiting to play must stay outside the ground until those playing leave.
9. Visitors/spectators will be admitted into the ground keeping to the 2m rule.
Please bring a face mask & gloves and personal sanitiser if you prefer
To minimise the risk of infection, only essential items (as below) will be utilised during any session:
3. Own Bowls
4. Rink markers
5. Arrangements will be made to place score cards on the bench inside the pavilion
The following playing formats are in accordance with Government guidelines:
1. Individuals playing bowls on their own on a single rink
2. Two individuals from two different households playing on a single rink (NO Marker)
3. Two Members of the same household on a single rink (NO marker unless from SAME household)
4. Pairs with members from the same or different households
5. Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to; you must remain at least two metres apart from other bowlers (who are not part of your household) at all times.
The NEW NORM rules
1. Each singles player will be given a personal jack that they use when they have won an end if from different households
2. 2 mats will be allocated to one rink, nominate one person to place the mat every time unless from the same household. The winner of an end who is not in charge of the mat can specify where to place it
3. No chalking of any bowl, note there will be no marker.
4. Even if there is a live bowl there will be no Ditch Markers allowed. If necessary you may visit the head to see where the bowl has landed
5. Score cards will be put on the chest inside the pavilion. please bring your own pen
6. Do not move or pick up your opponent’s bowls
7.Do not assume equipment has been sanitised.
8. You are responsible for your own safety
Clubhouse and Facilities
1. There will be limited access to the pavilion for use of toilets and hand washing only
2. Sanitiser will be available in the toilets and on the chest inside the pavilion door as well as by the rinks. Please bring your own if you prefer
3. Note the patio furniture will not be sanitised so using it is your responsibility, the 2m rule must be adhered to.
4. You may carry a personal water bottle
5. No food is allowed in the grounds but can be left outside if needed
6. Entering any shed is NOT allowed except by the person on duty
7. You may not store your bowls at the Club
8. Do not use rubbish bins, take any waste away with you